Student Scholarships and Financial Assistance
Academic scholarships and financial assistance on tuition fees may be given to deserving students on a semester basis subject to the student’s GWA and behavior, i.e. a student is disqualified if he or she commits any of the offenses listed in the Student Handbook or fails to meet required GWA.
1. Full Scholarship
100% tuition fee discount
- This is given during the first semester of the first year to a student who graduated valedictorian in high school
- This may also be given to a regular student carrying full academic load with GWA of 1.00 - 1.25 during the preceding semester
2. Partial Scholarship
50% tuition fee discount
- This is given during the first semester of the first year to a student who graduated salutatorian in high school
- This may also be given to a regular student carrying full academic load with GWA of 1.26 - 1.50 during the preceding semester
25% tuition fee discount
- This is given to a regular student carrying full academic load with GWA of 1.51 - 1.75 during the preceding semester.
This is given to a limited number of students who are in direct need of financial support. Percentage of financial assistance would vary depending on the economic status and GWA of the student. Applicants must carry the full academic load, have GWA of not lower than 2.25 and have no failing grade.
Scholarships or financial assistance from CGHCN Alumni International may be applied for by students who qualify based on specific criteria set by the sponsor.
1. Chinese General Hospital Nursing Alumni Assonia Enciation, Inc. Balik Dunong-Aral/Northern Califordowment Fund
a. Anonymous Class 1974 Scholarship
b. CGHNAAI Hawaii Chapter Scholarship
c. CGHNAAI Illinois Chapter Scholarship
d. CGHNAAI Northern California Chapter Scholarship
e. CGHNAAI NY-NJ-PA-CT Chapter Scholarship
f. Class 1968 Scholarship
g. Class 1976 Scholarship
h. Dolores Cabrera Cortez Scholarship
i. Emelita Cruz Pierrel Scholarship
j. Leony Foronda Manansala Scholarship
k. Lolita Echauz Ching Scholarship (Class 1977)
l. Maria Teresa Romana Baula Scholarship
m. Rhia Yacapin Abalos and Class 1960 Scholarship
n. Richard Bornales Jr. Scholarship
2. CGHNAAI Southern California Chapter - Rebecca Magpayo Huang Scholarship
3. Marylou Sy Scholarship (Class 1983)